Model No.: GDGEL-282
Place of Origin: China
Supply Ability: 10000MT/YEAR
HS Code: 38249999
GDGEL-282 RHEOLOGICAL ADDITIVE
Anti Settling Organophilic Clay mineral Paints Grade Powder Description：GDGEL-282 is an organo clay (modified bentonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system. It can be used widely in solvents from low polarity to medium-high polarity.
Organophilic Clay mineral paints grade Properties:
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, light yellow
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) 3.5% Max
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 35% Max
Bulk density 0.35-0.45g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) 95% Min
Anti Settling Organophilic Clay Application:
● Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty, anticorrosion paint such as bituminous coatings, polyester paints, Alkyd paints.
● Sealant ● Inks ● Grease ● Oil Drilling Mud
Organophilic Clay Paints Grade Powder Using:
GDGEL-282 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 45%~60% of GDGEL-282 in weight. If in xylene system, addition level of polar activator is about 30%-40% of GDGEL-282 in weight.
Pre-gel is made as below procedure.
1. Charge solvent to mill
2. Slowly add GDGEL-282 (6-10% by weight of total pre-gel) to mill under agitation.
3. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add polar activator.
5. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.