Model No.: GDGEL-281
Packaging: 25kg/bag, 50LB/BAG
Place of Origin: China
Supply Ability: 10000MT/YEAR
HS Code: 38249999
Organoclay for Solvent-Based Systems Low to Medium Polarity
GDGEL-281 RHEOLOGICAL ADDITIVE
Organoclay for Solvent-Based Systems Description:
GDGEL-281 is an organo clay (modified bentonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system. It can be used widely in solvents from low polarity to medium-high polarity.
Organoclay for ink Properties
Composition Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine powder, light yellow
Moisture content (105℃,2hr) ≤3.5%
Loss on ignition (1000℃) 28%-30%
Bulk density 0.35-0.48g/cm3
Fineness (<74μm, %) ≥95%
● Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty, anticorrosion paint such as bituminous coatings, polyester paints, Alkyd paints.
● Sealant ● Inks ● Grease ● Unsaturated polyester putty
Organoclay for Medium Polarity Using:
GDGEL-281 disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 40%~50% of GDGEL-281 in weight. If in xylene system, addition level of polar activator is about 30%-40% of GDGEL-281 in weight.
Pre-gel is made as below procedure.
1. Charge solvent to mill
2. Slowly add GDGEL-281(6-10% by weight of total pregel) to mill under agitation.
3. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add polar activator.
5. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.